1. Who is This Baker Girl Blogs and why is her watermark all over some of your photographs?
Once upon a time I owned a food blog called This Baker Girl Blogs. When setting up Your Sunny Side Up/Yup I transferred all of the posts from my old blog. To learn more about the transition, click here.
2. Who’s Yup?
I like to refer to this site as Yup because Your Sunny Side Up is just too damn long.
3. Do you read all your comments?
Yes! I love hearing from you guys. Leave me a comment somewhere, anywhere, I read them all. You can also reach me on my social networks (psst, it’s all on the sidebar over there —>)
4. I contacted you through facebook/twitter/instagram/email and you didn’t respond. What up with that?
Oh no! I’m sorry! I always read and respond to comments/emails so if I didn’t get back to you it’s probably because I just completely missed it. Feel free to send another and I’ll look out for it!
5. What got you interested in blogging?
6. Where do you get your recipes?
I am surrounded by inspiration!
7. Do you have any formal training?
None at all. We did food tech at school for 6 weeks (loved it!) and I’d attended a couple of week-long cake decorating classess as a teenager. Other than that everything I have learned has been the product of a lot of research, and trial and error. And there have been a lot of errors! I like learning from my mistakes, especially if they’re still edible.
8. Why do you always use grams?
Because I’m British.
9. I’m looking for a recipe for [insert recipe] but can’t find it. Where should I look?
All recipes are listed in the index, alternatively you can try using the search box or look in the archives.
10. Do you send recipes via email/is there an email list I can be added to?
Yes! You can subscribe to have posts directly emailed to you by entering your email address into the subscribe box on the right-hand sidebar. Don’t forget to verify your subscription!
11. Do you know the nutritional statistics of your recipes?
Unfortunately the recipes do not come with nutritional stats, but if you really want them then I am sure there are websites available that can help you find this out by simply inputting all the ingredients.
12. Do you eat everything you make?
Yes! Well, not all of it. I always try everything I make otherwise I can’t be honest about what I think of it and how it tastes. But I wouldn’t eat an entire batch of cupcakes or half a dozen cookies! Luckily I have a large family and plenty of lovely neighbours and friends who are more than happy to take food off my hands and taste-test, too.
13. Why aren’t there step-by-step photographs for all your recipes?
There are step-by-step photographs for a few recipes (mostly earlier posts) but not for all. This is because of a lack of time! Blogging isn’t my full time job and I only have evenings (when the lighting is just terrible for photographs) and weekends to bake, photograph, upload and write my posts. I try and provide very clear and easy to understand instructions and hope they help! If you are confused about any of the steps then please feel free to get in touch.
14. I tried your recipe and it was a flop. What went wrong?
Oh no! All recipes are tried and tested by me. I try and provide clear and easy to understand instructions, however the results can sometimes vary for a number of reasons. For example, the baking time can slightly vary depending on whether you have a fire or fan oven.
15. I tried your recipe and want to blog about it/ I’m doing a round-up post and want to include one of your recipes + photographs/ can I reprint a recipe or use your photographs on my site?
Maybe. Nothing makes me happier than hearing someone enjoyed my recipe enough to want to share it with others. Yay! You’re more than welcome to share your own attempt, but I ask that you not post the recipe or step-by-step instructions. Instead please provide a direct link to the reicpe on my site. If you have made changes/adapted my recipe then please mention this and provide a direct link to the original recipe on my site. You are also welcome to include 1 photograph of your choice as long as Yup is appropriately credited and there is a direct link to the original post the photograph came from. If you are unsure, or are interested in reprinting/reposting full recipes and/or additional photographs then you’ll need expressed written permission from me so please get in touch and let’s talk. Thanks! :)
16. Are you a full-time blogger?
I wish! I’m a post-grad student. I absolutely love what I do here, but can’t devote all my time to it. However, I try and post regularly/every week.
17. I’m a vendor and I’d like you to promote my products/service. Can you provide a review, host a giveaway or write about them?
This is a PR friendly blog and I would be happy to consider working with you. Send me an email and let’s talk!
18. I’d like to become a sponsor/advertise on your blog. What do I do?
Awesome! I would love to consider working with you. Send me an email and let’s get talking!
19. Do you have an email address to contact you/do you do freelance work?
Yes! You can use the contact page to get in touch or alternatively email me at contact[at]yoursunnysideup[dot]com.
20. Can I write a guest post?
Maybe. I’ve had guest bloggers in the past and love hearing from other people who get excited by food just as much as I do or have a story they’d like to share. If you are interested in writing a guest post then please send me an email with any ideas or for more information.